Oops! I told myself I would update this site at least once a month. As you can easily see, I haven’t quite kept up with that desire. Things have picked up in my professional life and I have not had nearly as much time lately to tinker with this stuff. But here’s what’s going on.
- iPad simple interface: Currently out of stock. I’ve sold all of my first-run boards and have not ordered more. Sources for some of the components used have dried up, and I may need to change the board to accomodate replacements. Additionally, based on the results of the Macbook board, I might want to add some small power supplies to the board to alleviate the need to provide two precisely regulated rails. There is currently no ETA on this.
- Macbook board: Hasn’t been touched since the previous post. Lack of time, unfortunately.
- iPad digitizer research: Starting up again. The next “real” post may well be on this topic.
- Other in-progress projects: No further progress.
- Metalworking: I am now the proud owner of a Precision Matthews PM-932M mill/drill machine, so one of these days I’m planning a new series on making metal widgets. Stay tuned for that.
Also please note: The server on which this site resides is due for major hardware changes in the next week or two. Expect downtime of up to a day or two while new hardware is installed and configured. I suspect I’ll be too lazy to put up a “down for maintenance” message, so this will be the only warning. Don’t worry, unless there’s some major hardware issue the site will be back soon. [Edit: Complete.]
So that’s where I’m at. No real news to pass, but it’s high time I posted “something” so folks don’t think this site is abandoned. Hopefully the new year will bring more time to work on some of these in-progress half-finished projects. We’ll see.