Miscellaneous updates, 2013-06-13

A short and sweet update for today.  I have built up one each of both iPad interface boards, and am having DP link failure issues with both.  I am beginning to suspect that something may be wrong with my connector pinouts.  I have pulled the documents until I can iron everything out.  My apologies if anyone has already ordered these boards and they end up being incorrect.

I’ll post an update as soon as I figure out what’s going on.

[Edit]  Damn it all.  I numbered the DisplayPort connector pins in the manner of the source-side connector instead of the sink-side.  On the sink side the ordering of the lanes is reversed (3,2,1,0 instead of 0,1,2,3).  So all the DP lane pins are wrong on both of my boards.  Super apologies to anyone who ordered these boards, and I’ll have them fixed in a short time.

[Second edit] I’ve also got a plan for how to salvage these boards if you were unfortunate enough to have ordered them.  More on that later.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *